Neville's Techniques ALWAYS WORK

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything here as I've been very busy working on some projects. But even though those projects, did consume a lot of my time they didn't prevent me from reflecting on certain concepts and studying and continuing to deepen my understanding of how life really works.

I will try to share some of my findings and new understandings throughout the following weeks when my current projects allow me to do so. But today I would like to talk about some things I found in my visitor stats.

There are 3 things that strike when looking at my stats for the past 5 months.

1. In spite of not having posted anything new since last December rarely a day passes without at least one visitor to this blog.
2. A post that is getting the vast majority of hits and a high position in the search results for a term that I had never imagined would be so frequent. I'm not going to go into any details here as this has sparked off my creative processes and I'm allowing ideas to form and assemble.
3. A single search term that brought a visitor to this blog, sent him off somewhere else and then brought him back again although this blog ranked only #35 for his search term.

It's this last item that I'm going to talk about today as it's similar to thoughts I have sometimes.

The search term was : "why does neville goddard technique works sometimes"

I think that the first thing we need to get clear on is that Neville's techniques ALWAYS WORK.

In other words the techniques are not at fault.

The problems lie elsewhere. 

I say problems because I have identified several potential ones. There may only be one in action at any given time but it's a good idea to have a look at all of them in order to trouble shoot.

Here are the ones I have identified through personal observation and studying. Although there appear to be several obstacles you will see that some are a variation of the same underlying problem.

Having an intellectual understanding but no really identifiable personal experience to transform that understanding into knowing. 

Now when I say "no really identifiable personal experience" I really mean one that we can see clearly, an experience that we can relate back to something we imagined. This takes some practice and some introspection.

This is where practising on something small that will bring pleasure when it materialises, but no pain if it doesn't, is useful.

One personal example of this is when I practised one of the exercises given by Neville - imagining a rose in detail just to exercise my imagining faculties. The result was roses everywhere; pictures of them with information about their signification according to their colour sent to me by my lover by email; a cascade of blooming Queen Elizabeth roses when I visited one of my daughters who lives 700 km away and who hadn't mentioned having planted the bushes; and then 2 roses, one red, one white, offered to me by my lover once more.

The next thing that can block us is if something is too close, too important. 

I remember that in one of Neville's lectures he tells the story of how Freedom Barry's piano went astray. Now Freedom Barry practised and taught the same principals as Neville did. Neville entrusted his list of followers to Freedom when he stopped lecturing. But Freedom contacted and asked Neville to do the work for him when his beloved piano, that had been sent to be repaired, went astray.

I know from experience that when I have imagined outcomes for others it has taken me very little time  (roughly 30 seconds) and the thing desired came to pass.

These two blocks point in one direction : attachment to the outcome.

There was no pain involved with not receiving and seeing roses turn up in my life There wasn't any pain involved (at the most some sadness) with the outcome desired by another not manifesting nor was there any attachment to how it manifested.

The next stumbling block appears to be forgetfulness. 

Neville talks about this.  I know that I have put these principals into action and have manifested the desired outcome. Sometimes easily and sometimes by being very persistent and even by "going mad"; two things that Neville advocated. But I often feel surprised when reading a Neville lecture for perhaps the 100th time and finding myself thinking that I've already read this, there are even parts that I have repeated to myself regularly, but it seems new. And I'm currently far from being in a position where I imagine a desired outcome for each blow that life sends my way. I am getting better at it though.

Is it because when things do manifest they do so in a way that seems so natural that we lose sight of the relationship between the event and our former imagining?

Or that we get so hypnotised by the film currently playing on our movie screen which also gets us hung up on attachment for the thing desired?

I think it's no doubt a combination.

And then there is the last stumbling block that I have identified so far and that is beliefs. 

Here I'm talking about our unconscious beliefs, not the things we consciously believe.

I have been studying this subject in depth over the past few months and as well as being fascinating it is very insightful. I won't go into any depth about this in this post but I will say that I think that this is a point not to be overlooked. One very surprising and insightful thing I learned recently is muscle testing. Now I had tried this before and I got no results. But I've since been introduced to standing muscle testing and although I find it requires a lot of attention because the reaction is very subtle (maybe because I lack sufficient hydration or minerals as has been suggested) it does work. I'll come back to muscle testing to unearth unconscious beliefs in my next post.



So to resume the main blocks to getting results from Neville's techniques we have:

  • A lack of real knowing that the techniques do work through not seeing a clear connection with events and the imagining or internal dialogue, or inner conversations, that created them.
  • Attachment to the outcome and/or the way the outcome will come into being.
  • Forgetfulness, or to be more precise, sleeping or being hypnotised by the film currently showing.
  • Our unconscious beliefs.

I will be looking at these blocks and how to get round them or dismantle them in future posts. In the mean time any comments will be very welcome.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How can I contact your privately?
Anne said…
la dot verite dot qui dot libere at gmail dot com