Nothing New Under the Sun


The other day this appeared on my facebook feed and as I am very interested in science I clicked over to see how these physicists demonstrated this.

It's an interesting article which includes some videos that are well worth watching. But what stuck me the most was the impression of sensational news the headline gives whereas the article talks mainly about the double-split experiments. These aren't exactly new.

Then I remembered Neville talking about the positron and  Dr. Richard Feynman who, according to Neville, wrote in 1949:

“The positron starts from where it hasn’t been, and it moves to where it was a moment before; arriving there, it is bounced so hard, its time sense is reversed, and it moves back to where it hasn’t been.” 

This all relates to revision, something I'm sometimes finding difficult to do as I use the eNevillizer (and therefore do more as previously I would forget).  I find that if there is a strong emotional charge attached to a memory I want to revise then that emotional charge rears its ugly head and the memory imposes itself on my revision and I have to start over again.

So articles like the one above together with some specific Neville lectures help to encourage me to be more persistent when I revise.

Comments