A realisation

As I sat down to write about where my search for the meaning behind the parable of the blind man took me - the river Jordan,  I had the following realisation:

At his stage of my journey the only thing that really interests me is understanding the word of God.  I do have other interests and activities but the pull of this hunger supersedes everything no doubt in great part because what it is revealing is so awesome. 

I have not had the experiences Neville described but I have experienced lucid dreaming and a vision as well as sufficiently tested what he taught about the law to believe him implicitly when he describes his experiences and talks about the promise, however mind bending it is. 

Now as I haven't had these experiences yet and there is no way of knowing when it will happen I can only assume that I'm going to live to an old age or that I have another round coming, or both.  I'm not sure I fancy the ageing part and this shows me I have something to work on here.  I dropped fear of death a long time ago, before finding Neville even.  The how was a little more worrisome but I have ordered a peaceful death in my sleep just like my great grandfather and an uncle died.  This  leaves me with 2 futures to start planning and imagining  One where I age gracefully and one starting over at around age 22 (fun!).   Now isn't this imitating my dear father? By imaging a person I love so much I become it? Bingo!

This opens up wonderful new questions.

For example, if I bear in mind that things repeat themselves until revised, which experiences do I want to repeat and which ones must I revise now?
What about experiences I cherish but don't necessarily want to repeat?
What would a person I would love to be look like, be like, and experience?
What is possible, now and then?

There are more but I'll stop here for now because "what is possible" is what , "Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and your flesh will be restored to you and you will be clean." is all about. So for now I'm going to plunge back into that and leave you to reflect on what this means to you.

This realisation was sparked partly by the Neville lecture below that I listened to "randomly" last night and some questions I'd been asking lately. It wasn't the first time I listened to this particular lecture and heard the story of Alice told the way Neville told it. But it was only this morning that it fell into place with some other parts of the puzzle to reveal this big piece of it.


Comments